People often contact NorCAN for information and resources on a variety of topics related to nonprofit administration and governance. Here are some of the online resources we regularly use:
- American Nonprofit Academy offers many great courses around board recruitment and development, functions of board liaisons, tools and strategies.
- Blue Avocado is an online magazine with practical, provocative and fun food for thought on topics related to board development, human resources, volunteerism, finance and strategy.
- CalNonprofits is a fantastic resource for grant programs, COVID-19 impacts and updates as well as how to start a nonprofit in CA, compliance and resources for advocacy.
- Compasspoint Nonprofit Services offers trainings, caucus-based networks, and a blog that address a variety of nonprofit operational, governance and leadership dynamics including exploring race/power/privilege, boards, coaching, sustainability, theory of change models, strategy and interpersonal communication.
- GrantSpace is the Foundation Center’s thorough online searchable library. Check out their incredible lists of tools, articles, and other resources on many things nonprofit.
- Impact Foundry builds sustainable nonprofit capacity by providing relevant consulting and programs and aligning nonprofits culturally to connect with their clients. Based in Sacramento.
- List of Nonprofit Resources is a list of leadership programs, trainers, consultants, and coaching resources compiled by NorCAN.
- Maine Association of Nonprofits is a great resource for nonprofit governance and leadership, management training, advocacy & lobbying and much more.