Fair Pay for Northern California Nonprofits: The 2023 Compensation & Benefits Survey
More than 770 nonprofit organizations participated in the 2023 survey, which reports compensation levels for 280 jobs, making it the most comprehensive in the survey’s 45-year history.
Low unemployment, increased inflation and softening demand in some sectors of the economy are creating uncertain conditions for nonprofit managers as they make decisions about employee compensation and benefits policies. The survey reports:
- Current, local compensation data on 280 jobs found in nonprofit organizations throughout Northern California
- Base pay levels and bonus/incentive pay for each job with details by annual operating budget, location within Northern California, number of employees and primary field of service
- Employee benefits in detail: paid time off, insurance, retirement
- Salary increases over past year and expected during the next year
- Policies with respect to on-call work, overtime, shift differentials, pay for bilingual skills, introductory periods, performance reviews, DEI practices and more
- An updated “Economic Environment” section reporting the current impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and related issues such as remote work and changes in workforce size
The survey is conducted and published by Oakland-based Nonprofit Compensation Associates, Inc. For more information, visit www.nonprofitcomp.com or contact them at 510-645-1005 or firstname.lastname@example.org.